Re: Checklist for Reformatting

Subject: Re: Checklist for Reformatting
From: Rick Stone <rstone75 -at- kc -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: Gene Kim-Eng <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 18:36:36 -0500

Hi all

If you do choose to go the enclosure route, be certain you know what
type of hard drive it actually is. I recently did just what is described
here by installing a fresh 120 gig drive to replace an older 60 gig.
Ordered an enclosure for a 3.5 in drive off the web. Failed to work.
Turned out my drive was SATA and the enclosure was for IDE, so the
connectors were different.

Nice though to carry all my old data around!

Cheers... Rick :)

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList