RE: STC is broken

Subject: RE: STC is broken
From: Keith Hood <klhra -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>, richard -dot- melanson -at- us -dot- tel -dot- com
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 13:51:55 -0700 (PDT)

Mr. McLauchlan

> Does the mere fact of having had a doctor father
> give you extra leeway?

No, and I made no such claim. My mention of my
father?s former profession was meant only as an
explanation for why your post caught my attention.

What ?leeway??

> You could read what I said, rather than what you
> wanted me to have said
> so that you could get offended about it.

I did not get offended by it. I said I had no argument
with your feelings or opinions. If now you will read
what I really wrote instead of what you want it to
read, you will see that I said in so many words I was
not writing to castigate you. I don?t know about you
but I?m not angry or upset now, and I wasn?t then.

I admit I misunderstood your aim and I amend my
statements - you did not individually insult and
accuse of unethical conspiracy every doctor in Canada.
Your remarks were directed at the guild that oversee
doctors, not at the doctors.

However, it still seems to me that you did accuse the
guild of unethical conspiracy. That being the case, my
worry remains. You really have made a public
accusation of wrongdoing against some people, albeit a
different group of people than I thought at first. And
that could be a cause for possible concern about legal
liability. Personally, I hope you get away with it. I
don't like the idea of someone getting into legal
trouble because of a post on this board, but I fear
that it could happen.

My intention, as I explicitly mentioned, was not to
take you to task for a perceived slight of any
relative. You may not wish to believe it, but my post
was written in concern. As I wrote, my feeling was ?Ye
gods, does this guy know how much trouble he could get
into over those words?? Nothing more.

--- "McLauchlan, Kevin"

=== message truncated ===

Be a better friend, newshound, and