Re: Tech Writer Lawsuit

Subject: Re: Tech Writer Lawsuit
From: Beth Agnew <beth -dot- agnew -at- senecac -dot- on -dot- ca>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 07:40:40 -0400

Thanks for that articulate and in-depth explanation, John, but I stand
by my assertion that the STC can and should say something, without
expressing an opinion on either side of the case. The society can
certainly leverage this opportunity to raise awareness of our profession
without compromising their current status or any future direction in
which we want to go. That's PR 101 and other organizations do it all the
time.

I wonder how many techwriters, who are still questioning the ROI on
their membership dues, will see this as yet one more reason not to renew.
--Beth

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList