Tools: Windows power toys, was RE: side-effect of tabbed browsing

Subject: Tools: Windows power toys, was RE: side-effect of tabbed browsing
From: Gregory P Sweet <gps03 -at- health -dot- state -dot- ny -dot- us>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com, techwr-l-bounces+gps03=health -dot- state -dot- ny -dot- us -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 10:38:31 -0400

Warren thanks for the link. The Alt-tab switcher is outstanding! I was a
bit disappointed with the VDM though, it seems that it won't allow for
customized icons per desktop. I was hoping to be able to make a "clean"
desktop for taking screen shots, hosting webinars, etc. whilst maintain a
separate space for my usually icon-covered desktop. Now that I've got this
thought rolling around i my head I'll have to search for some other another
tool that will allow for custom icon sets.

-Greg

07/16/2008 04:45:23 PM:

> McLauchlan, Kevin wrote:
>
> > The [Alt]-[Tab] dialog shows only undifferentiated icons, so it can
> > become a guessing-game in a crowded working desktop. If I insist, as
> > I do, upon having lots of stuff open, then I work more efficiently
> > that way in Linux, with my usual four separate desktops, and each
> > desktop tending to have stuff clustered by project or pass-time.
> > Unfortunately, I don't get to run Linux much at the office. In Win
> > XP, it all lives in the one desktop, with no easy way to cluster
> > related things.
>
> Kevin:
>
> Go to http://tinyurl.com/2meyw (which points to
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx)
> .
>
> To solve your first problem, download the Alt-Tab Replacement.
>
> To solve your second problem, download the Virtual Desktop Manager.
>
> -Andrew
>
> === Andrew Warren - awarren -at- synaptics -dot- com
> === Synaptics, Inc - Santa Clara, CA

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential or sensitive information which is, or may be, legally privileged or otherwise protected by law from further disclosure. It is intended only for the addressee. If you received this in error or from someone who was not authorized to send it to you, please do not distribute, copy or use it or any attachments. Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this from your system. Thank you for your cooperation.

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList