RE: workplace stuff

Subject: RE: workplace stuff
From: Paul Hanson <phanson -at- Quintrex -dot- com>
To: "'Cardimon, Craig'" <ccardimon -at- M-S-G -dot- com>, Technical Writer <tekwrytr -at- hotmail -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 08:53:06 -0500

What does it matter what kind of site they were looking at?

Earlier this year, my co-worker and friend in the Support dept was 'suddenly' no longer my co-worker. The next day, there were multiple meetings with the CEO. Each dept attended a meeting. He passed out a copy of the Internet / E-mail usage policy and declared, "This is our policy." Included in the policy is text that says something like 'violation of the policy is grounds for termination.'

If the company guide says "No Internet surfing on company time," it means "No Internet surfing on company time." Period. If you want to look @ a TWing or grammar blog, you need to obtain permission from your manager and/or keep your manager in the loop as to what you are doing because your job is, of course, to make your boss look good. You must follow the rules of your employer or endure the consequences.

Paul Hanson
Technical Writer
RoboHelp ACE - http://www.adobe.com/support/forums/team_macromedia/robohelp.html
Quintrex Data Systems http://www.quintrex.com