RE: : Poll: Is technical writing a sellout or fallback career?

Subject: RE: : Poll: Is technical writing a sellout or fallback career?
From: "Downing, David" <DavidDowning -at- Users -dot- com>
To: "Cardimon, Craig" <ccardimon -at- M-S-G -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 10:52:20 -0400

Actually, I was a member of a writers' discussion group long ago -- a
group that I actually helped form. I was also a member of an online
critiquing group for awhile. Alas, that's where I got a lot of the
negative feedback about unsympathetic characters, although some of it
also came from editors of small-press magazines.