Word 2007 conditional text or hidden text to preserve page numbers?

Subject: Word 2007 conditional text or hidden text to preserve page numbers?
From: "Van Boening, Tammy" <Tammy -dot- VanBoening -at- chartercom -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 12:09:04 -0500

All,

Using Word 2007 on Windows Vista to create a Facilitator's guide that
will accompany a PowerPoint training session. In the layout of the
guide, on the EVEN pages, we have Facilitator's notes, instructions,
helpful hints, etc. On the ODD pages of the guide, we have the training
content. The idea behind this layout is to simply remove/not show the
information on the EVEN pages and use only the information on the ODD
pages to create the Participant's guide. Here's the rub (and it would be
such a no-brainer to do this in Framemaker, but then, the content could
not be easily imported into PPT - the famous catch-22 of training
development) -Sometimes, in the Facilitator's notes, we have statements
such as "Refer the participants to Section <blah> on page <blah>" and I
have these statements set up using hyperlinks to bookmarks and use
cross-references for the page number so that I can semi-automatically
update the page numbers as I rearrange the book. Now, if I can just hide
the Facilitator's notes before I make the Participant guide, then these
references will always be correct for the participants; however, if I
simply delete the Faciliator's notes and re-paginate the guide to make
the Particpant's guide, then obviously, the references will no longer be
correct as the Participant's guide will have a lesser number of pages
and topics won't be retained on their original pages.

Is there any reliable (well, semi-reliable since it is Word) way of
simply hiding/conditionalizing the Faciliator's notes in the
Faciliator's Guide so that the resulting Participant's guide is
paginated the same?

TIA,

TVB

Tammy Van Boening