RE: Creating online tutorials

Subject: RE: Creating online tutorials
From: Will Husa <will -dot- husa -at- 4techwriter -dot- com>
To: <sonjamcshane -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 13:59:18 -0400

Hi Sonja,

It just so happens that I'm in the process of producing my first e-learning project as well. I would recommend that you look at the Learning Guild. (http://www.elearningguild.com/) In my initial research into this area, the techwr-l.com website archives lead me to the Learning Guild. I discovered that they have some free documents available to help you to get started with your e-learning project. It's worth looking into. Membership gives you access to their extensive archives.

Good luck,

Will

--
====================================
Will Husa
> Technical Writer of User Friendly Procedure Manuals and HTML Help <
> Increasing Profits through Clear Communication <
Phone: 708.927.3569
Fax: 630.668.9283
www.4techwriter.com
====================================
Hi everyone,

Time to 'unlurk' and ask for help, please! I need to create some tutorials,
using MadCap Mimic, about my company's software products. I think I could
probably do a reasonable job with what I already know about tech writing,
but I really want these tutorials to be outstanding.

I've done some preliminary searching for information about creating
tutorials and what makes a good tutorial, but oddly enough there doesn't
seem to be much around. I'd really appreciate it if anyone could pass on
any:

- tips about writing tutorials
- 'gotchas' I should know about
- links to examples of excellent online, interactive tutorials
(preferably explaining how to use software)
- links to how to write tutorials
- 'pet peeves' about tutorials you've used in the past.

If you could please send the details to me at sonja -dot- mcshane -at- str -dot- com -dot- au,
and I'll post a summary in the next few days.

Thanks very much,
Sonja

Sonja McShane

Senior Technical Writer

Space-Time Research Pty Ltd

Level 1 630 Church Street

RICHMOND VIC 3121 AUSTRALIA

http://www.componentone.com/DocToHelp/

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as will -dot- husa -at- 4techwriter -dot- com -dot-

or visit
http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/will.husa%404techwriter.com

http://www.componentone.com/DocToHelp/