Re: WaH

Subject: Re: WaH
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 19:33:23 -0700

If that is the case, the way to handle it is for the manager
to decide how *he* is going to respond to the "offhand
comments," and if necessary ask the employee for
some supporting documentation, as in "I'd like you to
list the activities of a typical work-at-home day so the
next time this comes up I can throw them back at the
person making the comment." Just mentioning it to
her "somewhat off-handedly" and then leaving her to
slowly turn in the wind trying to devise a plan to
somehow impress the "coworkers" making the "off-
handed comments" - especially if their specific
identities were not shared with her - can't be
described as anything else but "spineless manager"
behavior.

Gene Kim-Eng