Re: InDesign CS2 file to Web topics?

Subject: Re: InDesign CS2 file to Web topics?
From: "CL T" <straylightsghost -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 16:18:00 -0600

Having just gone through a painful process with ID CS2 and finally
convincing the Powers that Be to upgrade to ID CS3? Do yourself a
favor...UPGRADE!

You will find that CS2 is not able to handle large docs - at all. It's like
pound the proverbial square peg into a round hole. CS3 was built with
documentation in mind...not as an afterthought.

In our company we simply export all of our documentation for Web use as
PDFs. HTML (for paper manuals or even Web Help) is a bit to unwieldy unless
you're needing the server-side support, doing incremental changes or have a
need for detailed search.

-Collin