RE: Need a single font

Subject: RE: Need a single font
From: "Ed" <hamonwry12 -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "'Nancy Allison'" <maker -at- verizon -dot- net>, "'Pro TechWriter'" <pro -dot- techwriter -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 11:52:35 -0400

OTF fonts are OpenType, which essentially replaced Adobe Type1 fonts. Since
they are supported by Windows, they are supported in most, if not all,
applications including Frame 7.x. However, not all appplications will
support the newer features of OpenType, such as ligatures and extended
character sets. This is one of the reasons I've still not upgraded to Frame
8.x.

All fonts should be installed by opening Windows Explorer, pointing to the
windows\fonts directory, and choosing Install New Font from the File menu.
This ensures all applications can use the installed fonts.

The days with Adobe Type Manager sticking things in PSFONTS and PFM
directories are over. Additionally, there's really no reason to use Adobe
Type Manager with modern operating systems like XP and Vista.

Hope this helps!
-=Ed.