RE: Framemaker xrefs break repeatedly

Subject: RE: Framemaker xrefs break repeatedly
From: Nancy Allison <maker -at- verizon -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 08:55:33 -0500 (CDT)

Here's another wrinkle. When I said this:

> Now, Framemaker has moved on to a new phase. When I open a file, the
links are broken; when I go to repair them, the cross-reference popup
gives the the correct file and section already highlighted. All I have
to do is click "OK."

I was describing using "Find/unresolved cross-references" within a file.
When I used that Find coma nd within the book file originally, it gave
me a link in chapter 5, say. A few times, I would go back to the book
file to search for the next broken link, but links in chapter 5 kept
being turned up, so I simply started searching from within the file. The
Find setting was still the same.

It kept turning up links, which I "corrected" as I described above. But
obviously the links were not broken. So, evidently the Find command
identifies links as broken that in fact are not.

OK. It's Friday. I'm going to take a deep breath. Any thoughts, thanks
for your help.

--Nancy

http://www.componentone.com/DocToHelp/