Re: RH 7 - Absolute v. Relative Paths in Hyperlinks

Subject: Re: RH 7 - Absolute v. Relative Paths in Hyperlinks
From: Rick Stone <rstone75 -at- kc -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: Joel Vaillancourt <vaillancourt -dot- joel -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 19:52:08 -0500

Hi Joel

Your situation seems odd. I say this because I'm an Adobe Certified
RoboHelp Expert and Adobe Certified Instructor for RoboHelp and
Captivate. It's always been my experience that RoboHelp makes you jump
through hoops in order to create absolute links. It normally creates
relative links by default.

I'm guessing that somewhere along the way you may have created a folder
and inserted topics into the folder. Then perhaps RoboHelp became
unaware of the folder. This would leave things at a certain level and
could possibly force any links to become absolute.

Is your project on a network location? If so, that's a known issue.
RoboHelp doesn't like networks much.

About the only option you could have set somewhat unknowingly would be
the option of suppressing future messages when creating absolute links
to files outside the project. There is a check box that you may select
that prevents the message from ever appearing again. You can get them
back, but you have to make an edit to your Windows registry in order to
do so.

Hopefully something here made a little sense.

Cheers... Rick :)

http://www.componentone.com/DocToHelp/