Re: Server-based (hosted) documentation and user comments (DocBook?)

Subject: Re: Server-based (hosted) documentation and user comments (DocBook?)
From: quills -at- airmail -dot- net
To: "Crimmin, Peter" <Peter -dot- Crimmin -at- nuance -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 08:23:04 -0500

Peter,

I would say that what you describe could either be accomplished as a
BBS, or as a WIKI. In either instance requiring posters to be
registered before posting, would winnow the comments somewhat. You
could further control postings by having the comments moderated and
requiring approval before they are posted in general. PDF is usually
a good method of providing the base document and you can incorporate
the comment capabilities of PDF files and use those as the method of
sending comments to your board. These comments can be in the form of
database emailings. You should examine the capabilities of Acrobat in
detail.

Scott

http://www.doctohelp.com