RE: Windows 3.1 to Windows 95

Subject: RE: Windows 3.1 to Windows 95
From: "Bob Colwell" <bob -dot- colwell -at- comcast -dot- net>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 14:16:21 -0800

I hear you; I'm also one of those customers who pouted a lot when I
converted to Word 2007.

But to be fair to Microsoft, or any large company with a large installed
base, consider:
1) after a certain amount of incremental changes, you sometimes have
to make a major change, or risk stalling out
2) the whole menu idea made a lot of sense when our screens were
tiny 14" monitors. If you wanted to take more advantage of the much larger
screens nowadays, how would you do it? Seems like Microsoft's answer was to
put more things in view.

Now that I'm more used to it, I'm beginning to prefer it.

Here, have some of this Kool-aid. Tastes great. :-)

-BobC

Ps. I love that "I'm a PC" ad where the PC guy has the green eyeshade on,
and is allocating almost all of his money to advertising and only a little
to "fixing Vista." When questioned on the rationality of that plan, he sees
the light...and moves ALL of the money to advertising. Priceless. No pun
intended.

MS seems to never have investigated the concept of version
fatigue--customers get REALLY tired of having to relearn software they've
already learned multiple times. Instead MS just keeps changing things to
try to market a "new and improved" version. There is a lot I like about
Office 2007, but I always manage to forget where they put one or two
functions, and some less frequently used functionality is buried even more
than it was during the "upgrade" from 2000 to 2003.

YMMV

Connie Giordano

http://www.doctohelp.com