RE: Windows 3.1 to Windows 95

Subject: RE: Windows 3.1 to Windows 95
From: "Connie Giordano" <connie -at- therightwordz -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>, "'Paul Hanson'" <phanson -at- Quintrex -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 14:03:08 -0500

I recall Win 95 as being nearly as traumatic as Windows... pretty much
everyone I knew had significant problems switching either home or office
computers, it gave help desk people nightmares for months. I remember it
taking three tries with overnight timeframes to get it installed properly
and even then we had to hire a predecessor to the Geek Squad to help us get
it done.

MS seems to never have investigated the concept of version
fatigue--customers get REALLY tired of having to relearn software they've
already learned multiple times. Instead MS just keeps changing things to
try to market a "new and improved" version. There is a lot I like about
Office 2007, but I always manage to forget where they put one or two
functions, and some less frequently used functionality is buried even more
than it was during the "upgrade" from 2000 to 2003.

YMMV

Connie Giordano