New job certification I'm looking at

Subject: New job certification I'm looking at
From: John Hedtke <john -at- hedtke -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2008 18:30:36 -0800

I feel like I may have missed the boat when I didn't get an MCSE many
years ago when Microsoft first started doing them. My best friend
has one of the first MCSEs (it's something like number 1003--just
saying you've got a 4-digit MCSE certification number gets you an
"oooooooooooh!" during interviews these days when they're well into 6
digits at least). I was there at Microsoft at the time; I could've
gotten an early MCSE, too. Damn. :(

There's a new program for something I'm interested in that I'm going
to consider: the MadCap Advanced Developer (MAD) program. I have to
say I like the way the name works: you get to say you're "MAD for
Flare" (and I'm assuming other products eventually). It's also $149,
which is a lot cheaper than what an MCSE costs these days ($125 for
each of 7 different tests). There's a sample test on the MadCap
Software site at
<http://madcapsoftware.com/training/certification/>http://madcapsoftware.com/training/certification.
I'm also going to see how low a number I might be able to get if I
hurry. (This may sound like something silly right now, but I've seen
the awe in which my friend Brian gets treated when he tells people
his really little MCSE number these days, so I'm not going to discount this.)

So I may spend a little of my Yule vacation looking at Flare. When
I'm not catching up on my sleep anyway. :)

Yours truly,

John Hedtke
Author/Consultant/Contract Writer
www.hedtke.com <-- website
541-685-5000 (office landline)
541-554-2189 (cell)
john -at- hedtke -dot- com (primary email)
johnhedtke -at- aol -dot- com (secondary email)

http://www.doctohelp.com