RE: Hiring, but it's a secret?

Subject: RE: Hiring, but it's a secret?
From: "Dan Goldstein" <DGoldstein -at- riverainmedical -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 15:24:49 -0500

The standard recruiting process might not be the best way to find a job.
I got my current job (and the one before that) by contacting companies
that looked like interesting places to work. I sent my resume to
hundreds of companies, and I got interviews with a number of them that
had just started thinking about _maybe_ hiring a tech writer.

When a company failed to reply with a rejection, I would send my resume
again, using a different means of contact: first e-mail, and then fax,
and then snail mail. Almost everyone who called to invite me for an
interview (including the two companies that ended up hiring me) were
responding to my second or third contact -- not my first.

This message contains confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the addressee, or the person responsible for delivering it to the addressee, you are hereby notified that reading, disseminating, distributing, copying, electronic storing or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify us, by replying to the sender, and delete the original message immediately thereafter. Thank you.

http://www.doctohelp.com