How different is it being a tech writer under ITIL requirements

Subject: How different is it being a tech writer under ITIL requirements
From: "John Posada" <jposada99 -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "List, Techwriter" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 10:02:09 -0500

Hi, guys.

I may be required to write data center documentation while conforming
to ITIL V2 guidelines. I understand the basics of ITIL being V2
certified (It was a weeklong course paid by my employer), but I've
never had to practice this in real life.

My question. While doing your day to day writing, what do you do differently?
I'd probably be more interested in the Service Delivery aspect rather
than Service Support.

--
John Posada
Senior Technical Writer