Related Issue with RoboHelp, SharePoint 2007, and Operating Systems

Subject: Related Issue with RoboHelp, SharePoint 2007, and Operating Systems
From: "Norman, Mary" <Mary -dot- Norman -at- xerox -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 14:41:28 -0800

Hi -

With the exception of one person on our team, our tech writers work on
the Windows XP platform. The other writer is on Vista. The reason that
I'm noting this difference is because when the Vista tech writer
downloads our current help file, his local version contains no broken
links and the same number of topics and map IDs. When the XP users check
out and download the same version of the help from our SharePoint 2007
repository, we see a broken link and we are missing a topic (the one
that appears as a broken link) but our map IDs match the Vista tech
writer's.

Has anyone experienced this issue? I know a broken link is an easy issue
to resolve, but why would the same version of help appear so differently
on two operating systems? I thought it might be user error, but he has
deleted all previous versions of help, so it looks like we are accessing
the same file. Or, is this a SharePoint issue? When the Vista user
checks out the help and saves the file, he extracts the zipped contents
using WinZip while the XP users just use the default Extraction Wizard.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mary

Mary Norman

Technical Writer