RE: Need some opinions on phrasing

Subject: RE: Need some opinions on phrasing
From: "Sarah Blake" <Sarah -dot- Blake -at- microfocus -dot- com>
To: "Techwr-l" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 12:02:49 -0000

I see the distinction they're trying to make, but I don't think it's a
distinction that the language actually supports. The 'promise' may be
more obvious in the 'or higher' but it's still implicit in the 'at
least'.

I can see the support calls now...

Customer: This feature doesn't work.
Support: OK, well what do you have installed...
Customer: I'm running VaporWare 3.8 with BugWare 2.7
Support: Ah, that's your problem. BugWare 2.7 doesn't work with
VaporWare later than 3.2.
Customer: Your documentation says 'at least VaporWare 2.7'. I'm
running at least VaporWare 2.7. I followed your advice exactly, so if
it doesn't work it's your fault and I want you to fix it.

...I don't really see that particular phrase substitution as solving the
problem :)

S.

http://www.doctohelp.com