Re: Ever seen a service level agreement for a tech pubs department?

Subject: Re: Ever seen a service level agreement for a tech pubs department?
From: John Posada <jposada99 -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Milan Davidovic <milan -dot- lists -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 16:12:32 -0500

> Not just for a project but an ongoing thing -- kind of what like an IT
> dept. would have in a corporation.
>
> Ever written one and/or worked under one? Any good stories to share?

Milan...can I assume this is an ITIL thing?

It's simple. What has your marketing department promised to customers
about documentation that is included with a product.

It might include elements such:

All applications will include, at minimum, an installation manual and
a release note, upon delivery of the application.
All defects found in documentation will be addressed and delivered
within 30 days of discovery
All documentation will be available from an online source.
etc.

The customer simply wants to know what gurantees you are making from
the perspective of documentaion so they know what they are going to
get and what is owed to them.
--
John Posada
Senior Technical Writer