Re: Ever seen a service level agreement for a tech pubs department?

Subject: Re: Ever seen a service level agreement for a tech pubs department?
From: Deborah Hemstreet <dvora -at- tech-challenged -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 11:59:58 -0500

I used to work at a company where, for a very long time, my boss was the
Director of Finance. A project was initiated for there to be Service
Level Agreements for the secretaries, financial personnel, IT, and tech
writing - and all other groups in the company.

It was a long and painful process. I had to write it up, with all of my
expectations of the product managers, in order for me to do the job.
They hated it and advised from beginning, that they were only signing
because they had to, but not to expect any change in how we worked.

Once I FINALLY was to the regulatory group, the SLA fell between the
cracks and was forgotten. For our work experience, it was more
beneficial for me to enter my dependencies into MS Project. That was
when the PMs finally realized that they needed to give me what I needed
- because my dependencies were holding up the entire project! At last I
got cooperation.

Deborah

http://www.doctohelp.com