RE: Reinstalling Adobe PDF printer driver under Acrobat Pro 8

Subject: RE: Reinstalling Adobe PDF printer driver under Acrobat Pro 8
From: Fred Ridder <docudoc -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: <jstickler -at- gmail -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 10:35:16 -0400

Julie Stickler wrote:

> Even if I've done a fresh install I almost always go to the Adobe site
> and download the latest printer drivers. That way you get the latest
> and greatest. Google gets me there when I can't remember where to
> look on the Adobe site (keyword Adobe printer driver)
>
> http://www.adobe.com/products/printerdrivers/

Umm, the printer drivers accessible on the page you refer to are only relevant if you are using an archaic OS version--Windows 95, 98, or NT 4.0 on the Windows side or OS 7.x, 8.x or 9.x on Macintosh. All of these OS versions are at least two generations behind the times.

Also, the drivers are only relevant if you are printing directly from an application (other than Acrobat) to a physical PostScript printer. None of them have anything to do with generating a PDF with Acrobat Pro. For creating PDF, the only printer driver that should be used is the Adobe PDF driver that is created as part of the standard Acrobat installation.

-Fred Ridder

http://www.doctohelp.com