Re: My website saga, part 1 - transferring domain name

Subject: Re: My website saga, part 1 - transferring domain name
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2009 11:09:42 -0700

I registered my domain before selecting a hosting service, so I am the account
holder, admin contact and tech contact, with alternate email addresses for each
(if you do this, don't make all your contact emails addresses on the same domain
that you are registering, because if something goes wrong the registrar will
have no way of contacting you). My hosting provider has no login access to my
domain account, so if changes have to be made to the domain (for example, if the
default IP of my hosting account changes for technical reasons) the hosting
provider notifies me and I log into NS and update the domain pointers manually.

Gene Kim-Eng