Re: What applications can edit HPJ files?

Subject: Re: What applications can edit HPJ files?
From: "Dana Worley" <dana -at- campbellsci -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 08:55:34 -0600

On Tuesday, August 25, 2009, Sarah Blake wrote:

> Is there another (preferably free) application that I can use to edit
> these files, or am I about to develop yet another file conversion
> project I don't have time for? J

I am on digest, but haven't seen the answer to your original question.

Notepad (or any text editor) can be used to edit the HPJ if you would like. The HPJ is an
ASCII file and fairly straightforward. You can find plenty of information on the internet
regarding each section of the HPJ ([FILES], [MAP], etc.), and the existing entries can be
used as a reference. Use the WinHelp compiler provided in the Help Workshop to compile.

I worked this way for years and in some ways, it is simpler than using a help development
tool :)

Regards,

Dana W.

Dana Worley
Software Product Manager/Manager, Software Support Group
Campbell Scientific, Inc.
Microsoft MVP, Windows Help

2009 tips, tricks, and best practices.