Misc: "The time has come," the Walrus said...

Subject: Misc: "The time has come," the Walrus said...
From: Geoff Hart <ghart -at- videotron -dot- ca>
To: TECHWR-L Writing <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 08:04:54 -0400

... "To talk of many things"

I've been a member of techwr-l since roughly 1993, when Eric and Deb
first unleashed this forum on an unsuspecting world. During that time,
I've spent an average of something like an hour a day (despite
vacations and weekends -- some slow work days, I spend far more time
than this) in various e-mail discussion groups, helping to build a
community and learning a lot over the years by helping others.

But various frustrations, online and off, have gradually made it clear
that I can't sustain that level of effort any more, includng the fact
that I seem to have no time left for my own writing anymore and
particularly not for my fiction. So it's time to tip my hat, take a
bow, and leave. This may just be a long sabbatical, or it may be
permanent... the latter more likely. But leave I must.

If you're interested in keeping up with what I'll be doing in coming
months, please join me on LinkedIn.com; I'll be increasingly using
that community to keep professional colleagues up to date on what I've
been doing. I've also created a blog at <http://blatherskite.dreamwidth.org/
>* that I hope to begin using for various ramblings, and as a link to
my fiction site. Give me a week or so to get it up and running and
figure out what I want to do with it.

* Of course I know what it means. <g>

It's been a pleasure and an honor, but it's time to move on. Best
wishes to all. Sincerely,

Geoff Hart (www.geoff-hart.com)
ghart -at- videotron -dot- ca / geoffhart -at- mac -dot- com
Effective Onscreen Editing:
http://www.geoff-hart.com/books/eoe/onscreen-book.htm

2009 tips, tricks, and best practices.