Re: Misc: "The time has come," the Walrus said...

Subject: Re: Misc: "The time has come," the Walrus said...
From: Frank Finnegan <frank -dot- finnegan -at- cisra -dot- canon -dot- com -dot- au>
To: Geoff Hart <ghart -at- videotron -dot- ca>
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 07:46:22 +1000

Geoff,

Although I do not post to this list often, I do read it daily and find
it immensely useful and interesting. I have always found value in your
posts and will miss your contribution to this community.

Thank you for your involvement over the years and best of luck for the
future. I'd like to keep up-to-date with your endeavors and will send
you a LinkedIn invitation.

Warm regards,
Frank Finnegan.
Sydney, Australia

Geoff Hart wrote:
> ... "To talk of many things"
>
> I've been a member of techwr-l since roughly 1993, when Eric and Deb
> first unleashed this forum on an unsuspecting world. During that time,
> I've spent an average of something like an hour a day (despite
> vacations and weekends -- some slow work days, I spend far more time
> than this) in various e-mail discussion groups, helping to build a
> community and learning a lot over the years by helping others.
>
> But various frustrations, online and off, have gradually made it clear
> that I can't sustain that level of effort any more, includng the fact
> that I seem to have no time left for my own writing anymore and
> particularly not for my fiction. So it's time to tip my hat, take a
> bow, and leave. This may just be a long sabbatical, or it may be
> permanent... the latter more likely. But leave I must.
>
> If you're interested in keeping up with what I'll be doing in coming
> months, please join me on LinkedIn.com; I'll be increasingly using
> that community to keep professional colleagues up to date on what I've
> been doing. I've also created a blog at <http://blatherskite.dreamwidth.org/
> >* that I hope to begin using for various ramblings, and as a link to
> my fiction site. Give me a week or so to get it up and running and
> figure out what I want to do with it.
>
> * Of course I know what it means. <g>
>
> It's been a pleasure and an honor, but it's time to move on. Best
> wishes to all. Sincerely,

> Geoff Hart (www.geoff-hart.com)
> ghart -at- videotron -dot- ca / geoffhart -at- mac -dot- com
> Effective Onscreen Editing:
> http://www.geoff-hart.com/books/eoe/onscreen-book.htm

2009 tips, tricks, and best practices.