Re: How to find/hire technical communicators in Shenzen, China?

Subject: Re: How to find/hire technical communicators in Shenzen, China?
From: Sarah Lee Hauslinger <slhauslinger -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: quills -at- airmail -dot- net, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 22:38:44 -0700

Thanks, Scott. The managers in the China office will locate and qualify
the applicants based on the job descriptions and requirements I provide,
then I'll interview the candidates by phone and review their writing
samples to make the final hiring decision. They've never been tasked
with hiring technical communicators before and don't know where to
begin, which is why I made this post. I've managed remote/offshore teams
for several companies over the past decade, so I'm already familiar with
the process.

-Sarah Lee

2009 tips, tricks, and best practices.