Re: Click X, or click the X button?

Subject: Re: Click X, or click the X button?
From: Peter Neilson <neilson -at- windstream -dot- net>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 10:04:10 -0400

Marguerite Krupp wrote:
> I've been researching Agile documentation, and one of the tenets is that ...
[good stuff snipped]

The management take I've often seen on Agile is that doc can be
postponed even later in the dev cycle because there is no plan. Your
research is encouraging, because it seems to suggest using Agile itself
to counter decades of difficult standard practises:

- "Don't let the writers or developers talk to the customers. They'll
promise the moon, give away the store."
- "Don't waste money documenting before the project is finished."
- "Where did you get this crap? It's not from the latest design spec for
the UI. We gave it to you a month ago. Oh, wait a minute, Tech Pubs
isn't on the dev list."
- "Get the docs done in three weeks; it's almost FCS!"

I'd like to see some pointers to appropriate Agile stuff, and perhaps to
entities that actually are using Agile effectively.

2009 tips, tricks, and best practices.