Re: Code Annotation in HTML pages

Subject: Re: Code Annotation in HTML pages
From: Craig Haiss <craighaiss -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 07:37:51 -0800 (PST)

Yup, I often put comments in the HTML source code for help topics. Usually they are just reminders to add more information during a future update.

Hopefully any user willing to look under the hood already knows the purpose of code comments, and won't be too critical of them. However, I definitely think it's worthwhile to search for any strange commments prior to publishing the help. This is a great step to add to your pre-publish checklist.

Craig Haiss
Blog: http://www.helpscribe.com