RE: I'm now blogging about Agile & TW

Subject: RE: I'm now blogging about Agile & TW
From: "Ed" <hamonwry12 -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "'John Posada'" <jposada99 -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 15:39:21 -0500

I'm not condemning anything. Marguerite supplied two URLs for the curious. I
was curious. I didn't like what I read.

I was heavily involved in an DITA implementation for a department of 40 here
in NYC. It was a fight the entire way, and I'm not even sure the company's
using DITA anymore. It was a fight to get the correct tools, it was a fight
to get implemented, it was a fight to get people to understand and use it,
and it was a fight to get output that looked even remotely like what we had
before we went that way. Plus, I had to convert and clean up the raw XML
left over from the conversion to get the doc into the new content management
system. So I know a bit of which I speak.

And as a colleague noted to me on twitter - end users don't care how your
documentation gets done.
-=Ed.

Wikipedia,
> > it sounds like a buzzword-filled methodology forced on a group of people
> > that doesn't solve most people's problems.
> >
> > Kind of like DITA.
>

> --
> John Posada
> Senior Technical Writer
> NYMetro STC President
>
> Looking for the next gig.

http://www.doctohelp.com/

Help & Manual 5: The all-in-one help authoring tool. True single- sourcing --
generate 8 different formats and as many different versions as you need
from just one project. Fast and intuitive. http://www.helpandmanual.com/