RE: PDFs from Word show differently in Reader 9 or Acrobat Pro 9

Subject: RE: PDFs from Word show differently in Reader 9 or Acrobat Pro 9
From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: "Brian -dot- Henderson -at- mitchell1 -dot- com" <Brian -dot- Henderson -at- mitchell1 -dot- com>, "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 12:49:36 -0500

Didn't Adobe come up with PostScript originally?
Shouldn't they, better than anybody, know how to work it?

PostScript generated from the Adobe printer instance and then run through Adobe's own Distiller was supposed to be the cleanest, most reliable, and most bullet-proof way to get from an authoring tool to a PDF. I'm surprised they'd let that break, or let Acrobat Pro and Adobe Reader - at the same version number - get out of sync.

According to my QA-guy's results, PDF add-ons / plug-ins have been getting the attention lately. Used to be they were handy, but you couldn't trust them for professional work. Now...

Any thoughts on the possibility that Distiller is old and hasn't actually been updated recently (despite any version-number increments that might have been glued on)?

- Kevin

or disclosing it.

http://www.doctohelp.com/

Help & Manual 5: The all-in-one help authoring tool. True single- sourcing --
generate 8 different formats and as many different versions as you need
from just one project. Fast and intuitive. http://www.helpandmanual.com/