Re: (OT) The Chaos

Subject: Re: (OT) The Chaos
From: Sara Stewart <sara -at- sara-stewart -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 14:33:26 -0500

> You cannot know how to pronounce the first line without first having read the second.

Heh. I suppose that's true if you studied computer science in school.

I had no trouble with it at all: If you'd done literature, you'd know
without thinking that it'd be almost certainly pronounced as in "wind
your watch" the second time, because you'd also know that almost nobody
ends a poetic line with the pronunciation as in "wind and weather."
There isn't much in English that rhymes with that pronunciation of
"wind," so you run out of possibilities pretty quickly.

That may or may not be a forced rhyme, but there you go.

http://www.doctohelp.com/

http://www.ModernAnalyst.com