Re: Chin up, you

Subject: Re: Chin up, you
From: David Neeley <dbneeley -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 11:06:51 +0200

For the past year and a quarter, I have been fighting problems with my
feet (diabetes related). A part of that was a "minor" amputation of
two toes I apparently wasn't using last Spring.

Consequently, I have spent most of my time in bed with my feet
elevated on a pillow. Thus, to keep from going completely bonkers, I
have used my laptop perched on the arm of the chair beside me, using a
wireless keyboard on my lap and wireless mouse on the bed beside me.

One result is that I have been without the back pain that accompanied
many chairs I used for so many years with various assignments.

Although I am at last somewhat more mobile, one of my goals is to set
up a "zero gravity" chair---more of a lounge, actually, and to find or
fabricate some sort of table that will extend from one side over it to
accommodate my computer. Perhaps a folding chair would be fine such as
the Lafuma: <http://sitincomfort.com/larech.html> I'm afraid the
"Perfect Chair" is not within my budget these days:
<http://www.ultimatebackstore.com/product-exec/product_id/85/pn/Perfect_Chair>
Perhaps, though, a decent compromise would be a Faulkner chair with
leather cover and memory foam cushion:
<http://sitincomfort.com/faexreblleme1.html>

I say this because for some of those who work at home, this could be a
very good solution--perhaps coupled with a monitor arm long enough to
swing over a desk surface or over the zero gravity chair. Of course,
you should still set an alarm to get you up and moving on a regular
basis, and sit at a standard desk if you didn't sleep very well the
night before...

David

http://www.ModernAnalyst.com