Fox news

Subject: Fox news
From: David Neeley <dbneeley -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 09:42:23 +0200

I notice that it is still popular among many to knock Fox News at any
and every opportunity.

I should point out that a survey publicized in the last week or so
listed Fox by far as the most trusted news network by the American
people, coupled with rapidly declining ratings for the other news
networks and traditional print journalism as well. (And now the New
York Times seems to believe Americans will gladly pay $20 to $30 per
month for electronic access to their particular example of slanted
journalism. Incredible!)

At the same time, examples in the other media of incredible bias are
legion--yet among many this fact seems to be blissfully ignored.

Personally, I take the news business with a considerable grain of
salt, no matter which outlet it may be. I say this having worked as a
reporter during my college years long ago, which helped foster a
lively interest in following the news business itself on a regular
basis.

To only criticize Fox becase you may not agree with what you perceive
as their political slant is at best somewhat disingenuous.

David

http://www.ModernAnalyst.com