Re: IE security update on Jan 21 broke link to htm from chm

Subject: Re: IE security update on Jan 21 broke link to htm from chm
From: Keith Hood <klhra -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com, Mike Starr <mike -at- writestarr -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 11:56:29 -0700 (PDT)

I'm confused. You wrote the link path was

../readme.htm

and you said the readme.htm file was in the same directory as the CHM file. But in a DOS pathname, a double dot locator (../) means the next higher level directory. A single dot locator (./) means in the same directory. Or at least, that's how it works in the HTML files I created by hand and tested.

And, did your workaround tests include using an absolute path to the readme.htm file instead of a relative path?