Tool to handle pdf books and online help systems?

Subject: Tool to handle pdf books and online help systems?
From: "Simpson, Jane W" <Jane -dot- Simpson -at- Ingenix -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 10:10:23 -0500

I'm posting this message on behalf of my documentation team. We are a
team of eight who write a complete array of documentation for a broad
range of products. Currently, we use different tools: FrameMaker or MS
Word for paper documentation, Dreamweaver for online help systems. We
are all located in different states or India. We are searching for a
single tool we can use that will cover all (or most) of our needs.

We are starting with broad criteria -- we'd like a tool that handles
modular documentation well (i.e., store content in modules, then
construct our deliverables from the modules we have written). It should
handle the import of PDF, FrameMaker, HTML, and Word files, and the
export of PDF, HTML, and Word files. DITA is not a required criterion.
If any readers of this list can offer suggestions for tools that can
support these functions, we'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Jane Simpson

http://www.ModernAnalyst.com