RE: Houston, we have an auction

Subject: RE: Houston, we have an auction
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: MadelynBoudreaux -at- ge -dot- com, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 10:38:13 -0800

Most of the items described as "code" are abbreviations or acronyms, and are also the labels on the controls the instructions are for. The people involved would all be familiar with them. These are definitely not docs intended for off-the-street readers.

One of the things that caught my attention during the movie "Apollo 13" was the use of these shorthand terms in dialog with no attempt to dumb them down for the uninitiated in the audience.

Gene Kim-Eng