Document Process Description Online?

Subject: Document Process Description Online?
From: Nancy Allison <maker -at- verizon -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 09:09:57 -0500 (CDT)

Hi, all.

I've been asked for a soup-to-nuts description of the ideal documentation process.

You know:

Product (software or hardware) is proposed
Product is OK'd by powers that be
Marketing specifications developed
Technical specs developed
Development begins
Alpha
Beta
Release
Life of product
Retirement of product

and where documentation begins its participation, and how.

Before I write a process tailored to this client's needs, I thought I'd take a look at any sample doc process writeups that are available online.

Do you know of any that are squirreled away on STC web sites, or other professional sites?

Thanks!

--Nancy

http://www.ModernAnalyst.com