Re: All good things come to an end....

Subject: Re: All good things come to an end....
From: Kathleen MacDowell <kathleen -dot- eamd -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Lauren <lauren -at- writeco -dot- net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 21:50:29 -0500

So how cheap is this beer we're talking? Some of it isn't all that bad,
unless we're talking gas-or-rama vs small breweries. In that case, brew your
own; don't you already do that, Al?

Joking aside, I feel your concern. I hope your myriad endeavors will see you
through this rough spot, even if you have to opt for lower paying gigs. The
market does seem to have picked up somewhat, esp if you have lots of skills
and are willing to eat dirt.

That said, your contract's methods stink. Ah, so much for money.

Kathleen

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 9:44 PM, Lauren <lauren -at- writeco -dot- net> wrote:

> On 6/10/2010 7:22 PM, AL Geist wrote:
> > So, shortly before close of work today, the staff for my largest contract
> > was called to a "special" meeting at a local hotel convention center and
> > told that the facility will be closed by the end of the year and
> everything
> > moved to either Germany or Silicon Valley (sales and service). I found
> out
> > via email from one of the staff members.
> >

> I'm so sorry, Al. I'm sure that you will do fine, but the market is a
> bit not as soft as it used to be, these days.
>
> > Looks like it's back to hamburger and cheap beer for a while..sigh..
> >

> "Cheap beer"??? Nooo. The end of the year is six months away, stock up
> on beer or a beer trust fund, but don't go for the cheap stuff!
>
> Lauren

> Gain access to everything you need to create and publish documentation,
> manuals, and other information through multiple channels. Choose
> authoring (and import) as well as virtually any output you may need.
> http://www.doctohelp.com/
>

> - Use this space to communicate with TECHWR-L readers -
> - Contact admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com for more information -
>

> ---
> You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as kathleen -dot- eamd -at- gmail -dot- com -dot-

> or visit
> http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/kathleen.eamd%40gmail.com

Kathleen MacDowell