RE: Mac vs PC users

Subject: RE: Mac vs PC users
From: "Combs, Richard" <richard -dot- combs -at- Polycom -dot- com>
To: "Weissman, Jessica" <WeissmanJ -at- abacustech -dot- com>, "dvora -at- tech-challenged -dot- com" <dvora -at- tech-challenged -dot- com>, "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 08:45:33 -0700

Weissman, Jessica wrote:

> It's only intuitive in retrospect. Some of those people might want to watch
> a user totally new to Macs struggle at first. Geesh. I'm a happy Mac
> user, but I know better than that.

The first time I worked on a Mac (eons ago; it was a one-piece Mac with the 9" B&W screen), I couldn't free my floppy disk. Oh, I could eject it, but the Mac kept insisting I reinsert it.

Someone finally clued me in, because I never, _ever_ would have intuited that I should drag the disk icon to the trash can.

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.
richardDOTcombs AT polycomDOTcom
303-223-5111
------
rgcombs AT gmailDOTcom
303-903-6372
------

Gain access to everything you need to create and publish information
through multiple channels. Your choice of authoring (and import)
formats with virtually any output. Try Doc-To-Help free for 30-days.
http://www.doctohelp.com/