RE: Certification: Ernest and Scribbler

Subject: RE: Certification: Ernest and Scribbler
From: Keith Hood <klhra -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com, Steven Jong <stevefjong -at- comcast -dot- net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 22:08:50 -0700 (PDT)

Mr. Jong, I will thank you to refrain from misquoting me. If you are indeed a professional writer, then I find it very difficult - no, almost impossible - to accept the idea that your gross mischaracterization of my words could be accidental. I am proud to admit that I expressed many misgivings and opposing views, but I made no accusations of any kind. I challenge you to quote any writing of mine in which I accused you or anyone else of "immoral" or "unethical" actions.

You owe me an apology for distorting my words.

If your mischaracterization of my posts is indeed accidental, if you have seen words in my posts which I did not write, then perhaps you should rethink your belief that you are qualified to set up some mechanism for judging the abilities of others. You have my sympathies for your problem with seeing words that aren't there.

What saddens me is the thought that a person who is supposed to be a professional communicator who claims to be interested in the good of the profession could possibly sink, accidentally or not, to the level of distorting an opponent's position through misrepresentation. I expect that from politicians, not from people who are supposed to be in a profession that values accuracy.