RE: Certification: Ernest and Scribbler

Subject: RE: Certification: Ernest and Scribbler
From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: John Posada <jposada99 -at- gmail -dot- com>, Bill Swallow <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 10:45:14 -0400

John Posada pronounced:

> Thanks, Bill. It also appears to be easy to come up with what ya think
> is the way it is going to be done with absolutely no facts to back it
> up, then be sure that the process will suck, is unfair, and
> unrealiistic.

It's also easy to imply that somebody said:
"This is absolutely how it will happen ..." when they
were just raising likely - from knowledge of how the
world works - scenarios of how things _could_ go bad.

An alternative is to take on objections and speculations
by saying:

a) we've thought of that and this is how we ensure that
that cannot possibly happen, or

b) we hadn't [yet] considered that possibility, but
I'll raise it at the next meeting so it gets into
the minutes and can't be glossed over as we proceed.

Remember, the Income Tax was a temporary measure that
was only a fraction of a percentage point affecting
"just the rich". Have you seen it lately? (Doesn't
matter what country you are in when you read that.)
Do you think there were nay-sayers at the time?
Do you think there were others telling them that
they were just being negative with absolutely no
facts to back it up? It's always difficult to have
facts to back up a worry or a potential problem
before something exists. Afterward... well, have
you seen the Income Tax lately?

NOT considering possibilities at the start, when they
can still be addressed with preventive measures, might
be considered short-sighted or negligent, or a really
unfortunate trade-off that a lot of people could come
to wish you hadn't made in the early glow of enthusiasm.

- Kevin

<bumpf-start>The information contained in this electronic mail transmission
or disclosing it.

Gain access to everything you need to create and publish information
through multiple channels. Your choice of authoring (and import)
formats with virtually any output. Try Doc-To-Help free for 30-days.
http://www.doctohelp.com/