RE: Scrum sucks!

Subject: RE: Scrum sucks!
From: Kat Kuvinka <katkuvinka -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: <quills -at- airmail -dot- net>, <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 15:03:22 -0400

Upper management (VP-level) is very involved, but there is a breakdown when it comes to something they do not want to do, for example, have a writer embedded on each team. And so I must do Scrum when I can't possibly do it right because I am on a team that is not cross-functional and not interested in each others' stories. How can something so strict be called agile?

> Agile, like quality processes, are poorly understood by management, the people tasked to implement them, and are really only used to show progress by movement and change. Not real progress, not real accomplishment.
>
> This can be demonstrated by the insistence on traditional reports that eventually become the motivation for the processes.
>
> Buzzwords don't mean progress. However, they do keep managers moving and making reports and showing the upper management how progressive and modern and efficient they are.
>
> I know, I'm very cynical. I am also correct about 90% of the implementations of quality processes or Agile.
>
> Scott

http://www.doctohelp.com

LavaCon 2010 in San Diego Sept 29 - Oct 2 is now open for registration.
Use referral code TECHWR-L for $50 off conference tuition!
See program at: http://lavacon.org/