Re: Paper vs. Electronic

Subject: Re: Paper vs. Electronic
From: Tony Chung <tonyc -at- tonychung -dot- ca>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 11:44:40 -0700

I printed out a manual for my first time in two years at this company
to ship with a demo. Technically, it was 30 pages worth of a quick
start guide. Ordinarily, we send PDFs on CD or offer them to users
over FTP.

Users are smart enough to print the pages they need from the PDF.

Electronic formats provide (or SHOULD provide) the benefit of a well
thought-out search path.

Paper is better for linear information relay in short bursts.

I really like the hardware packaged with a broadsheet full of pictures
and labels. Gets my geek on.

-T

http://www.doctohelp.com