Re: Spaces after periods 'n such

Subject: Re: Spaces after periods 'n such
From: Keith Hood <klhra -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "Mark L. Levinson" <nosnivel -at- netvision -dot- net -dot- il>, Tony Chung <tonyc -at- tonychung -dot- ca>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 08:21:24 -0700 (PDT)

One other thing about using a single space after a period:  It can sometimes lower the page count.  There are times when having multiple spaces can cause a line of text to be shoved onto a following page.  In a document that has hundreds of pages, that can add several pages.  And if the document is being printed, that drives up the number of pages that must be printed and increases printing cost.

I don't know if anyone would consider such an increase significant; I just thought I'd mention it.

Now to throw another monkey wrench into the works:  what about the number of spaces following a colon?