RE: RoboHelp vs Flare

Subject: RE: RoboHelp vs Flare
From: <laura_johnson -at- agilent -dot- com>
To: <richard -dot- combs -at- Polycom -dot- com>, <rstone75 -at- kc -dot- rr -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 09:10:19 -0700

The two Richards have got it right, according to my understanding. The RoboHelp team created Flare, but they did not own the code base, so it's a complete reimplementation from scratch. The line of inheritance from Robo to Flare goes through the team's brains (not the code base), so there are similarities in use model and feature set, but they are separate products and distinctly different code.