Re: FrameMaker X can ONLY be activated over the internet

Subject: Re: FrameMaker X can ONLY be activated over the internet
From: John Posada <jposada99 -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Peter Neilson <neilson -at- windstream -dot- net>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 16:56:54 -0400

Guys...we can come up with all kinds of scenarios, but we are losing
track of the original issue...to the OP. is this level of security the
case in your instance?

In general, I don't think that a workstation with Faraday sheilding
and isolated power supply is going to be used for documentation
creation using FM.

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 4:48 PM, Peter Neilson <neilson -at- windstream -dot- net> wrote:
> On 03/24/2011 03:55 PM, Gene Kim-Eng wrote:
>
>> ... the top level would workstations that are not networked and have no
>> way to move data on or off them without someone physically unlocking
>> them to provide access to removable media drives or data ports.
>
> Oh, you can go beyond that. Military paranoia can require screen rooms with
> what's sometimes called Faraday shielding, isolated power (perhaps coming
> over a shaft drive to a generator inside the screen room), and secure
> start-up and shut-down procedures in which NOTHING remains cached on the
> hardware after shutdown, and all media are stored in a secure vault.
>
> That's how it was done a long time ago, way back before Wikileaking.
>
> Security is only as strong as its weakest leak.
>
> Create and publish documentation through multiple channels with Doc-To-Help.
> http://www.doctohelp.com
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as jposada99 -at- gmail -dot- com -dot-

> or visit
> http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/jposada99%40gmail.com

John Posada
http://jposada.zenfolio.com/