RE: Ball chairs and their kin

Subject: RE: Ball chairs and their kin
From: Matt Moore <MMoore -at- ConnectWise -dot- com>
To: "Porrello, Leonard" <lporrello -at- illumina -dot- com>, 'Lynne Wright' <Lynne -dot- Wright -at- tiburoninc -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 15:22:53 -0400

After having some back issues for a few years, I found that when I was on vacation (not sitting a lot), my back issues mysteriously disappeared. My company was willing to buy a desk that raised and lowered and thus enabled sitting or standing. After a few months, I was standing about 75% of the day and my back issues were much, much less.

I changed jobs though in March and don't have the standing option. It really was better for me.

This article summarize my situation fairly well.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40273278/ns/business-personal_finance/t/dont-just-sit-there-work-stand-stay-alive/